Field Mowing, Field Clearing, Lawn Services and Tree Trimming.
Written by Kenedy Chamber
As Karnes County's largest city, Kenedy is an economic center for the surrounding agricultural area. Occupying land that was once part of a Royal Spanish Grant to Don Carlos Martinez, Kenedy's colorful history as a community began with the purchase of land for a town site in 1886 by Captain Mifflin Kenedy, a partner of Richard King of the famous King Ranch.
Early growth of Kenedy Junction, as it was first known, was attributed to its position as a major stop on the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railroad. In the early 1900's Kenedy gained a reputation for gun fighting that earned it the nickname Six Shooter Junction.
Kenedy Chamber of Commerce
205 S 2nd St, Kenedy, TX 78119